You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Battleknight UK. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

The Lost

Guide to Obscurity

• "The Lost" started this thread

Date of registration: Aug 20th 2010

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 10:32am

What should GF focus on fixing next?

With the order wars currently being tackled and balance being given considerations I was curious what other members think should be priorities for GF? Please keep your lists short, to the point and polite and stick to stuff that needs to be fixed rather than suggesting new features/events. We know GF actually listens to stuff posted here, so let's give them an idea of what their community likes to see tackled!

My list:
  1. Fixing drag/drop for phones
  2. Balancing karma powers
  3. Better clue rewards

Corpsey

The Last of the Spam Lords. GO for S14,15 and BETA

Date of registration: Feb 12th 2009

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 5:13pm

1. Balancing/Remaking Karma powers
2. Achievement Bonuses
3. Better Clue Rewards

Darkfall

Sleepyhead

Date of registration: Apr 5th 2007

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 5:22pm

Ok lets make this sticky!

I'm interested to see what you lot have to say!
And as always, the more the merrier!

Thursday, February 14th 2013, 8:06pm

Touch screen devices STILL are not truly compatible with this game and it is becoming almost criminal. I have several friends who have tried this game and left within a week because they wanted to play it on their phones and they couldn't buy/sell or heal themselves.

I am getting bored of the game and the complete disregard that GF has for its users. My gems run out in a couple of months and unless something is done then I won't be sticking around.

King of Evil

King of Spamland

Date of registration: Mar 8th 2008

Friday, February 15th 2013, 7:36am

(I apologize in advance for the post length, but Darkfall did say "the more the merrier." ;))

The three problems I'm seeing is that the UK is not 1) bringing in enough new players, 2) encouraging players to be active, or 3) giving the player a sense of belonging to the game.

1. BattleKnight mobile app! This is the future of gaming, and people with smartphones are bound to be heavy spenders. Just by being in the App Store the game's publicity would skyrocket. I mean, the theme is popular enough and the gamestyle is anything but unfamiliar to mobile gamers.
2. Add Achievement Bonuses and Daily Log-in Bonuses. There's no feeling in the world like finally getting that achievement to shiny gold! Most achievements take dedication and LOTS of activity. However, a large amount of users completely ignore this part of the game because there is no reward. I've seen a few top players who obviously have 500+ hours of playing time and haven't bothered to display one of their achievements yet. Because there is no reward, it takes away from one of the most promising aspects of the game. And as for log-in achievements, I got this idea from Ikiariam - the gist of it is, you get rewards for logging in multiple days in a row. The rewards? Almost anything would work - silver, clues, rubies, runes... maybe a Muse companion for logging in 365 days in a row!
3. One very easy step, since the programming code is already in so many GF games: Order Chatrooms. Secondly, and this is the most important, make the storyline interactive - add quests. The programmers behind the redesign spent so much time and effort in developing a thorough plot for this game, but as things stand the average player doesn't recognize the word "Caldean." There are unlimited possibilities with this, and we already have a setting laid out by The Legacy. The game even seems like it was planned out to be an adventure, beginning with the Merlin the Owl interface. Surely there are nobles and princesses with quests for you to complete! Add a "Quests" subcategory under Tavern, maybe an old wizard asks you to collect ingredients for him in different locations. Or a trading caravan that asks you to collect 15 phoenix feathers. I can even see some achievements being added for this... so much potential!

King of Spamland since Spam Day, 2010
Began March 7th 2008

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
-Peter De Vries

Nevermore

Knight level 4

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2012

Friday, February 15th 2013, 11:10am

1. One very easy step, since the programming code is already in so many GF games: Order Chatrooms. Secondly, and this is the most important, make the storyline interactive - add quests. The programmers behind the redesign spent so much time and effort in developing a thorough plot for this game, but as things stand the average player doesn't recognize the word "Caldean." There are unlimited possibilities with this, and we already have a setting laid out by The Legacy. The game even seems like it was planned out to be an adventure, beginning with the Merlin the Owl interface. Surely there are nobles and princesses with quests for you to complete! Add a "Quests" subcategory under Tavern, maybe an old wizard asks you to collect ingredients for him in different locations. Or a trading caravan that asks you to collect 15 phoenix feathers. I can even see some achievements being added for this... so much potential!

This one I like KoE! :thumbup:

2. Achievement Bonuses
3. Better Clue Rewards

The Lost

Guide to Obscurity

Monday, September 16th 2013, 11:55am

My list:
  1. Fixing drag/drop for phones
  2. Balancing karma powers
  3. Better clue rewards

I thought it might be time to update my list (stealing some stuff from others as well)!
  1. Creating a safezone for new knights
  2. Create consistent event agenda
  3. Fix GM and clue items (more silver or red items only)
  4. Redo karma powers based on corpsey's work
  5. Develop achievement bonuses
  6. Host server and/or order chats

Darkfall

Sleepyhead

Date of registration: Apr 5th 2007

Monday, September 16th 2013, 2:13pm

Karma will be fixed, I guarantee you that ;)
Achievement Bonuses is something we talk about a lot here and will be done in the near future.
--
Event schedule: Do you mean board events by the team, or events in-game?
Safe Zone for newbies is a great idea, do you think you can write up a working suggestion for this?
Chat: Will request again.
Clue and GM items -> What exactly is wrong with it? I know that the items can be crap, but please just give me examples!

wezee

Squire Novice

Date of registration: Jul 17th 2013

Monday, September 16th 2013, 2:29pm

1: order war "problem" (some mercenary takes off his armor when dueling)

2: login or achievement rewards

3: premium bag rewards for clues

4: mobile app or drag/drop fix

Edit:

5: every server should have own time

6: event calendar

7: replace the runes

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "wezee" (Sep 16th 2013, 2:59pm)

The Lost

Guide to Obscurity

Monday, September 16th 2013, 2:32pm

Karma will be fixed, I guarantee you that ;)
Achievement Bonuses is something we talk about a lot here and will be done in the near future.
--
Event schedule: Do you mean board events by the team, or events in-game?
Safe Zone for newbies is a great idea, do you think you can write up a working suggestion for this?
Chat: Will request again.
Clue and GM items -> What exactly is wrong with it? I know that the items can be crap, but please just give me examples!

Good to hear that the first two are indeed still on the development list!

I mean in game events, it's no big secret that events are GFs strongest weapon currently, and having a full calendar of events, nicely spread out over the year rather than clustered together, will do wonders for the game. (I'm not saying that we should get to see this calendar, just that GF has one so they can make sure events are evenly spead and recurring often enough).

The safe zone idea was developed extensively in your rebalancing thread (where the idea also came from to double regeneration), it was first proposed by SLS I think and tweaked by others. It basically creates a safe zone for beginning players where they can only interact with each other, making the treshold into the big boys league depend on loot prevents levelsitting abuse.

The idea about clues stems from my investigation of the clue system posted here. I came to the conclusion that the overall rewards are good, but people (me including) are put off by finding items withs frequent, isolated and rare clues that both suck and are worth considerably less than the monetary reward of common clues. The best solution in my opinion would be to either not give items as clue rewards except for the unique one, make these items all red so at least they have chance of being good (iffy with all the event gear going around) or make them worth more than level*5 silver (level*20*clue-tier for example). The same problem plays with GM items, but I have not considered solutions for that at length.

EDIT: I just realized I forgot to include the thing I want GF to look at that was the reason I was updating my list!
- Reassess (as promised) the auto-include feature that was later added to the order war system: it solved nothing and created various problems amply commented upon here and on the US forums (such as lack of strategy and no more mercing).

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "The Lost" (Sep 16th 2013, 2:35pm)

Corpsey

The Last of the Spam Lords. GO for S14,15 and BETA

Date of registration: Feb 12th 2009

Thursday, September 19th 2013, 11:48pm

What would I like to see next:

1. The arrival of ideas under development - reworked karma and achievement bonuses will be great!
2. A change to the order war system - either the option to choose members, or the potential to use tactics and defences.
3. A revamped clue system that encourages travelling and dueling - possibly leading toward a reworked BK map
4. The inclusion of quests - to a greater extent than was suggested in the achievement bonus thread.
5. A log-in bonus would work well.
6. The end of mission burning - highly controversial but currently the balance is wrong.
7. The removal of premium item sets from the shop, and a promise that new sets will not be available for purchase outside of an event.
8. A regular calender of events - A chance to earn good gear 4 times a year, and then smaller in-game events per month.
9. A safe-zone for new knights - which could link with a new map
10. In game chat!

ZeroCoolRO

Squire Novice

Date of registration: Feb 16th 2016

Friday, February 19th 2016, 12:09am

Lots of things, like:

1. Daily login rewards
2. Bonus silver on attacks (we all know that atlest under lv 50 game is dead, you take 0-10 silver, some hundeads of bunus silver will help alot)
3. Better clue rewards.
4. Lots of in game events, that will reduce training cost, increase the silver raided from enemies, increase silver looted on mission. Lots of those events.
5. In game mission board.
Like mission attacks or find some monster x times .. idk be creative here, and the reward ofc should be silver / rubies or premium items, premium badges, be creative. :D

This thread is old as hell so probably no one will care of what i write here, so i stop. :) Have a nice day! :music:

Sir Guildus

Squire level 4

Date of registration: Dec 31st 2015

Saturday, February 20th 2016, 3:06am

1- Better clue rewards(itens with best price in the merchant at least).

2- Game chat or order chat for all players.

3- Pegasus dont pay silvers for travelling in cities with port (because he can fly, no?)

4- New cities or new map zone

5- Sell iten in order merchant for others players(include new menu for this)

6- New sets of the others elemental damage

7- Rewards in level up and achievements too.

8- New submenu in tavern called "Quests".

9- New fuctions to the blacksmith.

10- Any player can put images in order forum without account premium. (helpfull to teach new knights in the game).

sir loin steak

Knight level 2

Date of registration: Jan 28th 2009

Wednesday, February 24th 2016, 12:40pm

The one thing you can count on gameforge making an effort to fix................

Join TLO the best order in the world

probably!
:-)

Bryan Hayward - Umbel Pye - Passed away 27.10.11

sir loin steak

Knight level 2

Date of registration: Jan 28th 2009

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 1:05pm

Not sure where to put this but I thought I'd mention it to put this game into perspective somehow.

On Server 14 I just counted the active players and came to a grand total of 10.

There are only 2 (active ???) orders and in each there are 4 people who have logged in this year.

Then 2 people in the only other order.

The best part........3 of those 10 are mine.

On server 13 there are 11 active knights and they are all in the same order.

On server 12 there are maybe 20 active knights and on server 11 ......maybe the same.

In all of those 4 servers there are probably around 60 actual, active knights.

:help:

Come on Gameforge, merge these servers and stop thinking about making new ones.
Join TLO the best order in the world

probably!
:-)

Bryan Hayward - Umbel Pye - Passed away 27.10.11

Nik

s4 / s11

Date of registration: May 22nd 2009

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 2:01pm

The problem with merge is that some people are behind because they play in the new server and people of the older ones are more advanced.
It is a good idea overall, but i think each and every player should vote and agree to this to show us that everyone want the same and there will be no unhappy ones.
Next thing that might not be good is if most of the people have knights on all of the servers, so when merge happens, they have to deal with the multi's restrictions.
It would be good if people post in this topic their opinions.
Cheers
-Treat others as you would like to be treated-
*** Team-Structure *** Game Rules ***

GrimST

Gameoperator

Date of registration: Jan 18th 2012

Saturday, June 3rd 2017, 8:51pm

I vote for merge - and if a player has multi's, then pick one and thats what you play with. All other knights can be stored in a separate database if need be and a player will need to put a support ticket in to retrieve them, but a swap for the current active knight.

UK4 probably has more active knights than all other UK servers combined...

DraQla

Squire level 1

Date of registration: Apr 15th 2009

Sunday, June 4th 2017, 2:08pm

Sad story is that GF don't stop making new servers... New servers is the only thing that GF make for this game in past few years!

I complain against it in all topics... But no one listens...

cloudy

Squire level 2

Date of registration: Mar 20th 2012

Monday, June 5th 2017, 5:43am

Getting a new game operator for server 4 would be nice.

Nik

s4 / s11

Date of registration: May 22nd 2009

Monday, June 5th 2017, 7:18am

Getting a new game operator for server 4 would be nice.
Someone that doesn't look or care for what is going on in the server? i know you would like that...
-Treat others as you would like to be treated-
*** Team-Structure *** Game Rules ***